Monday, January 28, 2008

Ah what an interesting weekend...

It all started off with the good news on Friday about my job...
Then we cleaned house to have AnneMarie and Aaron over. SO NICE COMING HOME TO A WICKED CLEAN HOUSE. I mean clean...floor to ceiling, the entire house. Alan and I worked like a team man. Alan even made dessert for our special guests. Then we went to Applebees. Pigged out and drank. OH YES. I bugged Aaron acting like the PAPARAZZI. Kept catching poor AnneMarie off-guard! I now officially love Red Apple Sangria drinks. TASTY.
Two of them hit me pretty hard. I called Jenna (my sister) on the way home and I talked it off. HEHE I was outta control at the start of the conversation and then poof, bye bye alcohol effects. Came back to our place and watched the NHL All-Star festivities. The Superskills competition. They changed a lot of the rules and setup this year. We pretty much bad mouthed it the entire time. Well that and AnneMarie and I drooled over a lot of the players. I now have a new hockey love. OH YES, another goalie. Rick DiPietro. HOT HOT HOT.
What else? That was only Saturday. Sunday we woke up for our day of errands. Alan was a sweetheart and made me pancakes. Then we got dressed to go to the store, Wal-mart and Home Depot. (OH HOW I HATE HOME DEPOT) Well Alan went to back the car out and I ran around to lock the dog downstairs and grab my purse and everything. Walked out to the car...er attempted to anyway and totally slipped on the ice. We still can't figure out what hit the car. Alan thinks it's my head...I have no clue because my knee hurt so bad I didn't feel anything else. I slammed my knee on the ice and totally busted it. (Today I am convinced I broke my knee-cap, ok so maybe I'm being a tad bit dramatic!) The funny part is I had my hands full, my purse, gloves for Alan, and 4 Cricut cartridges. I fell and didn't drop anything. I just laid on the ground moaning. Alan knew something bad happened, but the car was started so it locked. He panicked and frantically tried to get out of the car, only making things worse. He finally got out and then he almost slipped trying to get me up. He was a mess...wanted me to go inside, make sure I was ok, I just said "NAH, help me stand up and get into the car. I'll live. BUT MAKE SURE THE CRICUT CARTRIDGES ARE OK!" That was my biggest concern. I had just gotten the 2 cartridges from the Cricut campaign and they sent me duplicates, so I wanted to exchange one of them or two. Plus I had a few to return. I ended up getting the Mickey font one, not because it's Disney, but because the font is really cute. After Wal-Mart and JoAnn's we went to stinking Home Depot to get a ladder. We are convinced we have a ghost in the house. (Well Alan thinks it sounds like someone throwing oranges at the house.) And yes I just said oranges being thrown at the house...Alan threw some rotten ones into the forest. Thinks the forest is now throwing them back. ANYWAY, back to my story. A few times a day/night we hear this loud CRACK/boom noise in the walls. It always sounds like it's coming from a different part of the house. Alan wanted to get a ladder to get into the attic and then on the roof to check out the pipes. He seems to think something is up with them. WELL he was right! After getting the ladder home, he got into the attic. Rattled one of the pipes and I stayed downstairs to compare the noise. Sounded the same, so he wrapped the pipe, hoping to stop all future "mystery noises". Then came the attempt on the roof. Little did Alan know, the roof was covered in ice under the little bit of snow we got yesterday. So he took his first step and almost fell off. Thanks to my spill on the ice, we had just gotten some ice hooks for our shoes at Wal-Mart. And lucky for me, I wasn't standing there watching or I would have flipped out. Turns out there is some exhaust pipe on the roof that has ice and snow in it, so Alan thinks that when the temperature changes and the pressure builds up that the pipe rattles. STILL IS SCARY THOUGH. (You know, we think we live in the FOREST in the middle of nowhere and scary orange monsters are trying to kill us!) So after that we just hung out and watched the NHL All-Star game and played Monopoly Here & Now on the computer. Then Alan found some quiz about the history of Hershey Kisses and we entertained ourselves taking quizzes for a few hours. REAL BLOODY EXCITING.

Now today I get to look at the bump growing out of my kneecap.
Got some dishes to do...the rest of the day sounds like a SCRAPPIN' day. Oh and I best start on my Valentine's. Good thing I cleaned my scrap area.

1 comment:

AnneMarie said...

i dont think i gave my permission to post my photo.. *giggles*
hey, thats good that you guys figured out what the noise was.. i would still watch out for the the orange monsters thou.. i mean, you never know!
it was great seeing you tonight.. when do we get together next?? lol