Wednesday, June 07, 2006

GUESS WHO IS HAVING SURGERY TOMORROW?

ME!
I have a epigastric hernia that needs repairing!
FUN FUN FUN!
I moved a lot of crap this weekend, lifted boxes and furniture I never should have and totally irritated my hernia. I've had it since I was like 5 years old. It's bugged me on and off for years, but I've always just put up with it. Well the last couple of days I've really been whining about it, so Alan said THAT'S IT, you're going to the emergency room! I said NO WAY, he said FINE you're taking tomorrow off and going to the doctor.
So I find an internist who can see me today, and schedule an appointment. In the meantime, I also get a referral for a surgeon who specializes in hernia repair. I scheduled an appointment with him for tomorrow.

I sat around all day waiting for my appointment, spent 5 minutes with the guy while he poked and prodded me. I about died...seriously. I was almost in tears it hurt so bad. Ok, so in case you don't know, I'm pretty dramatic. It's hard to outdo my drama-queen-ness. WELL, this doctor FLIPPED OUT. He said OMG you have to go to the hospital RIGHT AWAY! You need to see a surgeon. I'm scheduling you. I said well I have an appointment for a consultation tomorrow isn't that good enough.
Doctor says NO, you must go NOW. RIGHT NOW. TONIGHT! GO!
I start to freak out at this point...
Doctor gets on the phone with the surgeon to make sure I'll be seen right away! I am then hardly breathing...go downstairs to my mom's office (she works in the same medical building) and I am going nuts crying and flipping out. The office manager is so BLAH, could care less, I call my mom and am hysterical. Then my mom is flipping...

WELL to make a long story short, the surgeon saw me and says I'll live...until TOMORROW. Soooo that's what I'll be doing tomorrow @ 10:30!
HAVING FREAKING HERNIA REPAIR SURGERY.

I cannot believe it.
And Alan is leaving town too...for a week. And his birthday is Sunday. This is just nuts. Poor thing DOES NOT want to even go on this business trip in the first place, and now he really doesn't. He's so sweet. I love him dearly. I just feel bad for the guy!

AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT TODAY IS!?
Good thing I'm not having surgery tonight.

Oh and for all of you scrapbookers, don't worry, I'll be scrapbooking this event!

:)
Wish me luck

6 comments:

Melissa said...

oh my goodness! big ((HUGS)) I am sure everything will work out fine, you will be in my thoughts!

Sandra Collins said...

I said a prayer for you - Good luck & feel better

Sofia said...

I hope everything goes well. :-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow!!
Keep us informed!

Just this Girl said...

i'm so glad i've talked to you since so i'm not in suspense about how you are doing
i hate surgery
anyway, i'm hoping you're doing well and recovering quickly...

Kara said...

Thanks to all who posted such nice comments! The surgery went just fine and I'm at home recovering. It's killing me to not be able to sit for very long. Do you know how much I could be getting done right now!? Ugh! I reckon it's good to get all of this rest.

Thanks again ladies!
Ya'll are so sweet.